Wednesday 31 October 2012

Baked Macaroni & Blueberry Muffin

Last 2 weeks, I found that I still have a packet of Blueberry Muffin ready mix which I bought from the market many months ago. So I decided to make it. Well, it turns out nice and tasty. Not what I was expecting at all. I thought it will not taste good. I was wrong except that it was a bit on the sweet side.


This is the first tray of muffins

This is the second tray of muffins which looks funny, not nice
This is the third tray of muffins which luckily turns out nice


The next day, I decided to make Baked Macaroni, which I have cooked once many many years ago. I looked through my recipes book, paper cutting and all but couldn't find the one that I made many many years ago. So I have to settle for this one....

Baked Macaroni

Before baking

I did not exactly follow the recipe. I did not use chicken stock but only water. I also did not follow the measurement and use more macaroni and other ingredients than required so the eggs mixture which I used exactly as the recipe are not enough to cover up all my macaroni.

After baking but excuse the middle which don't look nice because I used chopsticks to dig it to see if it's cook

Baked Macaroni
Ingredients
200g macaroni
125g chicken sausage, sliced thinly
100g buttons mushrooms, sliced thinly
1/2 cup mixed vegetables ( I used onion only)
1 tsp chopped garlic
3 tbsp oil
75g cheddar cheese, grated

Combine
4 eggs, beat
350ml chicken stock, 3/4 to 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper

Method
Bring water to a boil in a pot. Add a teaspoon of salt and a few drops of oil, Put in macaroni and boil for 8 to 9 minutes or until al dente. Drain.

Heat oil and saute garlic till golden and fragrant. Add button mushrooms, sausage and macaroni. Mix well. Dish out into a mixing bowl. Stir in mixed vegetables.

Grease a deep square casserole lightly with corn oil and pour half of the cooked macaroni mixture into it. Sprinkle with grated cheese and top with the remainder of the mixture. Sprinkle with cheese sparingly all over. Pour the eggs mixture over the macaroni and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 30 to 35 minutes or until egg mixture sets. Remove and serve either hot or cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.