Thursday 18 October 2012

Lemon Cheesecake

Since I have lots of cream cheese and whipping cream left from my Oreo Cheesecake, I decided to make another cheesecake. After pouring through my recipe books, I decided to make this Lemon Cheesecake since I have all the ingredients. Save me time from going to the supermarket.




Ingredients :
250gm cream cheese
220gm cream
1 1/2 tbsp gelatine
3 tbsp water
1 egg (separate yolk and white) - I omitted this
80gm granulated sugar
2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
140gm Digestive biscuits (I used Marie biscuits)
60gm melted butter (I needed more)

Method :
1. Whip cream until firm peaks form. Chill.
It's a bit messy

2. Finely crush biscuits. Combine with melted butter. Press into base of 8 inch cake tin.

3. Mix gelatine with water in a bowl. Stand the bowl in hot water until gelatine has dissolved.


4. Using electric beater, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add egg yolk and sugar. Beat well.

5. Stir in gelatine solution and lemon juice.

6. Add cream and mix until well combined.

7. Beat egg white until firm peaks form. Fold in cheese mixture. Pour mixture into prepared cake tin.

8. Chill until firm and decorate. I didn't do any decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.