Saturday 6 October 2012

Oreo Cheesecake

I don't know what got into me last month, I made lots of cakes (for me it's a lot because I only made 1 or 2 a few months). I made 2 cheesecake, traditional mooncake & snow skin mooncake. This is my Oreo Cheesecake......

Oreo Cheesecake

I don't do much decoration, only sprinkle some Oreo on top.

Recipe:

Biscuit:
200 gm Oreo biscuits, minus the cream & crushed
70 gm butter, melted

Cake:
250 gm cream cheese
250 gm whipping cream
80 gm castor sugar ( I reduced it)
60 ml water
15 gm gelatin
3 pcs Oreo biscuits, crushed coarsely

Method:
1. Prepare a 7" round loose bottom cake tin.
2. Biscuit : Mix all together and press into the bottom of the cake tin.
3. Cake : Beat the whipping cream until soft peak form. Keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, Oreo biscuits cream and castor sugar until fluffy and creamy.
5. Heat the gelatin and water until dissolve. Let it cool and mix into the cream cheese batter. Mix in the whipped cream and beat for a while.
6. Mix in the coarsely crushed Oreo biscuits and mix well. Pour onto the chilled Oreo biscuits base and keep in the refrigerator for 5 hours or until it has harden.

* I got this recipe from a recipe book which I bought recently but it was in Malay. So I'm only doing a simple translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.