Tuesday 15 November 2011

Melaka

This is my first blog post. I don't really know how to write but I want to try. So here goes..... I have been to Melaka a few times but I have not really visit all the places yet. The most recent one is this year.

Actually, I plan to go for the Satay Celup but I don't really know the place and I miss it. Anyway there's always next time. I also miss the Nyonya food but no regrets. There's plenty Nyonya restaurant in Penang...





So we went for the Cendol & ice kacang at Jonker Walk. One is full of ice. The other one is Durian Cendol but +RM1 for a scoop of durian syrup....not worth it. The cendol is frozen ones. And expensive. One bowl of the cendol at Jonker Walk, I can get 2 bowls at Penang. And Penang cendol is tastier...

The first photo is Laksa. It's too sour...and the ingredients include prawns and I forgotten what because I'm not eating. It's my friend who ordered. She said it's ok but I don't feel like eating when I look at it.

Going to Melaka, one must not miss the Chicken Rice Balls. We went to Hoe Kee & Farmosa. Of the two, Hoe Kee Chicken Rice Balls taste better...


We also went to the Portuguese Square but we went at the wrong time. The food court only open in the evening but we went at noon and found the place almost deserted. Luckily there are 2 or 3 restaurant open. so we opted for the one nearest to us. Luck is with us again as the food are quite good.






The 1st photo is the garlic butter scallop which I have almost the whole plate because my friend don't like scallop. The 2nd photo is the fried brinjals. Both taste not bad. The 3rd photo is the baked fish which is not to what we expect & a disappointment. Maybe it's not spicy enough. The 4th photo is the Ikan Otak which is the best among the 4 items we ordered. It's different form our usual otak-otak and the taste is special.

Of course, other than the food, we also visited the famous tourist attraction like the The Stadthuys, Cheng Hoon Teng Temple, Jonker Walk & River Cruise...etc....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.